Thursday, November 6, 2008

Weight Loss Journey

Some of you may follow my main blog . On that I expressed I am trying to lose weight - these are some comments I made on there...

Now, for my weight loss... I have to say that is has been put on HOLD. I have not gained nor have lost, but have been struggling with having to "THINK" about planning my food. The LORD is giving our family MORE Character Building Opportunities, and it is taking my extra energy just focusing on HIM and getting through the days with a SMILE.

It would be easy for me to fall apart and fall into my old habits of forming bitterness and anger AND eating! But the LORD continually is reminding me that I am in a process of refinement. “The enemy (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10 Our family is coming against some great trials right now, I could choose to allow it to destroy us, make us grow further apart...but that would allow the enemy to win, right?

“That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12 (NIV)

I KNOW as I said 2 days ago - Isaiah 43:2-3, WHEN (not if!) you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. WHEN you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel (Chris or put your name here), your Savior.

I praise GOD that as I walk through these valleys, HE is with me. HE gives me the strength each day and I seek wisdom each moment from Him. I pray that as you face various trials, you will feel His strength, comfort and peace as well.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed day!
Chrissy D

No comments: