Thursday, January 24, 2008

The beginning - my first on line journaling

I do not do wll with actual journalling - but I am trying to improve on that. This blog is more for my personal use - but also to serve as a testimony of Christ's work within me.

Daniel 2:20-2, NKJV
20 Daniel answered and said: “ Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His. 21 And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding. 22 He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, And light dwells with Him. 23 “ I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and might, And have now made known to me what we asked of You, For You have made known to us the king’s demand.”

As I read those words this morning, I sit back and praise God. The past several months, the Lord has been stretching our family. At the same time, I can feel His presence and strength and can look at the things that are happening with each day and moment and have complete peace – knowing He is there and controlling every thing.

Our Christmas season was filled with many truths being revealed to my husband and I. Many secrets and lies were told to us by someone we were close with over the past year and the hurt ran deep with in our hearts. I had peace through this storm because I just KNEW none of this was a surprise to God. Each day that past, more secrets and lies were revealed and while I was very hurt and wanted to crumble the Lord was with me, holding me up, whispering within my spirit that He knew all along. What amazes me to this day, is that God never allowed all of the secrets to be revealed at one time. Everything trickled out over a few weeks and months, I truly believe that was the God’s omniscience in knowing what I could handle emotionally. I could not have handled it all at once, due to my husbands recent traveling and being home alone with the four children.

I did have moments of panic or worry, but as a stretching process, I felt the Lord growing me through the trials. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Now I know the Lord will be working on forgiveness and restoration within my Spirit. For the past week, I have heard the whispers within my spirit to forgive as Christ forgives me. I have a tendency when deeply hurt to bring it up, which doesn’t help restore a relationship, nor does it help the other person feel forgiven. So God has been whispering to me to completely forgive as He forgives. There are always consequences for our sins, and for myself the pain of the past runs deep and while I think I have worked through many issues there are still scars that will remain there as a reminder of God’s work in my life.

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever. He is sovereign, omniscient and omnipresent and is with you today in every circumstance. I pray you will feel His peace and strength. Our God is an awesome God and He is in control of everything.

Because of Jesus’ Love,
Chris

1 comment:

Amber said...

i know that this is a older post but i wanted to tell you it really touched you my husband and I have been facing some ups and downs also and i really appreciated this being there for me to read this morning as I am trying to do better about finding my way in GOds word ! thanks hun